The main parts of boiler are as follows:
Combustion chamber :
- Combustion of fuel takes place in the combustion chamber consequently heat is generated and traned to the water in the tubes.
Heat transfer takes place by conduction ,convection and radiation.
- The function of burner is to mix fuel and air to project the mixture in the combustion chamber of burning.
Boiler walls and lining :
- The boiler walls are made of refractory material and are heat resistant and provide adequate heat insulation.
Steam and water drum :
- The stem and water drum is mounted on the top of the boiler and is connected to the water tubes placed inside the boiler, by header.
Tubes and headers :
- The tubes are arranged in three or four groups connected to each other and the water drum by headers.
Brick work :
- The entire brick in boilers comprisesilica bricks because of their ability to resist corrosion and withstand high temperatures.