There are some advantages of monometer which are given below.
- The monometer is suitable for low pressure applications.
- It has low cost.
- It is simple in construction.
- A manometer does not have to be calibrated against any standard, the pressure difference can be calculated from first principles.
- It has better sensitivity.
- The monometer is available for a large range of filling fluids of varying specific gravity.
It has good accuracy.
There are some disadvantages of monometer which are given below.
- In monometers the error are introduced due to condensation.
- It is large in size and bulky.
- It has no over range protection.
- It needs leveling.
- It has slow response, which makes it unsuitable for measuring fluctuating pressures.
- No fixed reference is available.
- It has lack of portability.