“products or services that have a lesser or reduced effect on human health and the environment when compared with competing products or services that serve the same purpose”.
A material by itself can be eco-friendly, e.g. Bamboo.
Materials can be eco-friendly also if they can assist in reduction of the energy used in the building during operation, and maintenance.
It is difficult to get a material that has all these properties, and it thus becomes a comparative assessment to identify eco-friendly materials.
Following are the eco – friendly materials
- Stone Dust
- Calcium silicate boards
- Precast cement concrete blocks
- Cellular lightweight concrete blocks
- Compressed stabilized earth blocks
- Sun-dried bricks
- Clay roofing tiles
- Cement paint
- Acrylic based chemical admixtures for waterproofing corrosion removal, rust prevention etc.
- Epoxy resin system, adhesives, and admixtures
- Ferro-cement panels for door windows shutters
- Ferro-cement roofing channels
- Fly-ash paver blocks
- Fly-ash bricks
- Gypsum block, tiles, and boards
- Micro-concrete roofing tiles
- Polymerized waterproof compound
- Portland pozzolana cement flash
- Concrete with coal ash