- Usually, the electrical transformer is used to either step up or step down the voltage. It hardly does anything to minimize the crossing of noise or transients from primer to secondary.
- Circuit impedances can be by using a transformer to reduce short circuit current or to insulate between two systems.
- Except for autotransformers in any transformers, there is no directs connection between primary and secondary winding only magnetic flux connects the windings.
- Only a basic separation exists between primary and secondary.
- Separation transformer having only a physically separated primary and secondary.
- A certain level of protection against electrical shock is provided by insulations between the primary and secondary windings.
- Increasing the insulations between the primary and secondary windings a step ahead, an isolation transformer is formed.
- The insulations between the two windings give a protection level of double insulations against shock.
- In case of contact with the exposed conductive part and the line parts simultaneously this separations minimizes the risk.