What is grader
Category: Civil Engineering 19 May 18
- A grader is used to level the ground and spreads the loose material.
- It is self-propelled or towed by a tractor. It consists of 3 to 4m long angled blade supported on a framework mounted on wheels.
- The self-propelled grader is known as a motor grader and a grader which is towed by a tractor is known as elevating grader.
- The various attachments of the grader are the blade bulldozer, snow plough the scarified, the elevator attachment and rollers.
- For grading the machine moves forward and steering is controlled by the steering wheel. It performs various operations like grading, spreading, side cutting, road crowning, blank dressing and mixing of materials.