Inverter change direct current [DC] to alternating current[ AC] at the desired output voltage and frequency . some industrial applications of inverters are for induction heating, standby aircraft power supply etc.
Appliances that need DC but have to take power from AC outlets need an extra piece of equipment called a rectifier, typically built from electronic components called diodes, to convert from AC to DC.
- The basic circuits include an oscillator, control circuit, drive circuit for the power devices, switching devices, and a transformer.
This process takes place by using some intricate electronic circuitry that controls six separate power devices.
They switch on and off to produce a simulated three-phase AC voltage.
This switching process is also called inverting DC bus voltage and current into the AC waveforms that are applied to the motor.
This led to the name “inverter”. For the rest of this discussion, the term “inverter” will be used in place of adjustable speed drive.
Ac to DC converter
• Rectifier surge protection device[ SPD], protects against spike and transients.
• Battery stored energy device protects against interruptions.
• Inverters DC to AC
• Waveform synthesis, protection against DC offset and inter-harmonics
• Filter, protection against harmonics, notating and noise
• Voltage regulator protection against sage, surges, and fluctuations.