The properties of LPG are as follows
- It does not contain moisture or H2 S. So it is non-polluting in nature.
- The average calorific value is 29780 kcal/m3
- It evaporates at normal temperature and pressure. So it is supplied in pressurized steel cylinders.
- Propane has a low boiling point(-420C). So vaporizes easily even in cold conditions and is a clean-burning fuel.
- Butane has a higher boiling point (-0.60C). So does not vaporize easily in very cold conditions. It is mixed with propane.
- It is colourless, odourless gas. It is heavier than air.