Applications of serial peripheral interface (SPI)
There are some important applications of serial peripheral interface (SPI) which are given below.
- The serial peripheral interfaces (SPI) are used in MMC or SD card including SDIO variant.
- The SPI is used to talk to a variety of peripherals such as sensors i.e. temperature and pressure, analog to digital converter (ADC), digital to analog converter (DAC).
- It is used in audio or video codec’s, digital potentiometers.
- It is used in flash and EEPROM memories.
- It is used as canon EF lens mount in camera.
- It is used in real time clocks.
- It is used in LCD and LED.
- It is also used in video games.
- It is used for communications such asEthernet, USB, USART, CAN, IEEE 802.15.4, and IEEE 802.11.